07 Apr 2020


The Papua New Guinea Rugby Football League (PNGRFL) has lost two dedicated and
passionate rugby league officials in Port Moresby this week.

On Monday (July 13, 2020) Jack Kedea aged 62 passed away after a short illness and early
yesterday morning (Wednesday July 15, 2020) Andrew Stone aged 37 succumbed to an
asthmatic attack.

PNGRFL Chairman Sandis Tsaka was saddened to learn of the passing of Jack Kedea and
Andrew Stone.

“Losing people like Jack and Andrew, who contributed so much effort to the administration
and development of rugby league programs and players on and off the field, voluntarily is
indeed very sad,” Chairman Tsaka said. “We thank them for their contributions and service
to rugby league.”

PNGRFL Director for Southern Confederate Gwaibo Mairi described late Jack as ‘having
rugby league in his veins. “I admired and commended Jack for sacrificing so much time
which he could have spent with his family in organizing and running rugby league
competitions and programs throughout Central Province,” Mairi said.

Late Andrew Stone joined the Central Dabaris this year as Head Trainer. In the past several
seasons, he was trainer for the NCDC Port Moresby Vipers. Andrew was also a trainer with
the Oil Search PNG Orchids at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup in Sydney. In 2014, late
Andrew was assistant trainer with the SP PNG Hunters in their first season in the
Queensland Intrust Super Cup competition.

SP Hunters inaugural Coach and current PNG LNG Kumuls coach Michael Marum said
Andrew was a hardworking and dedicated trainer who always put on a smile doing his job.
“A real champion and even though he was ill, Andrew was always there doing what he loved
best,” Marum said.

The PNGRFL and the rugby league families throughout PNG and overseas, conveys its
sincere condolences to the families, relatives and friends of late Jack Kedea and late Andrew
Stone. Our thoughts and prayers are with their loved ones at this time. May their souls Rest
in Eternal Peace.”

Authorised by:
Sandis Tsaka